Joyce Travers CWA PARK, Normanton
The Joyce Travers CWA Park is located on Landsborough Street in Normanton opposite the Westpac Bank, and next to the public toilets. A BBQ is available for the public to use and enjoy, next to the gazebo seating areas.
Council parks and reserves are available for organised events and commercial activities subject to Council approval. Information relating to the types of activities requiring approval can be found on the Prescribed Activities page. Prescribed Activities that may be carried out in Council's parks or reserves include:
- Commercial use (such as itinerant vendors);
- Temporary entertainment events;
- Public Place Activities, including:
- the placing of a display or information booth;
- conducting a social gathering or meeting of more than 50 people;
- an invitation-only ceremony, party or celebration attended by more than 50 people; or
- a cake stall, sausage sizzle, car wash or similar fundraiser; or
- a wedding.
Sunderland Park, Karumba
Sunderland Park is located on Norman Street in Karumba. Visit the park to enjoy the seating area with great views of the river, and take a look at the ANZAC Cenotaph.
L.E.W. Henry Park, Normanton
The L.E.W. Henry Park is located off Landsborough Street directly behind the Carpentaria Shire Council office. The Park has seating areas, a public toilet and features the “Krys the Croc” statue – an accurate impression of the largest recorded saltwater crocodile captured in the world.