Records about Material Personal Interests and Conflicts of Interests at meetings
As required by section 175J of the Local Government Act 2009 the Carpentaria Shire Council has developed Registers to record Councillors Conflict of Interests at Council meetings.
Councillor Conduct Register
As required by section 150DX of the Local Government Act 2009 the Carpentaria Shire Council has also developed a Councillor Conduct Register to record and disclose each breach of Councillor Conduct
The register must record matters about:
- Unsuitable meeting conduct [150DX(1)(a)];
- Suspected inappropriate conduct [150DX(1)(b)];
- Decisions about misconduct [150DX(1)(c)];
- Conduct complaints dismissed by the Assessor [150DX(1)(d)]; and,
- Decisions by the assessor to take no further action [150DX(1)(e)].
A breach will usually be the subject of a complaint against a Councillor and will be referred to the Mayor, the Independent Assessor or the Crime and Corruption Commission. The decision and the reason for making the decision will be recorded in the register including decisions where a matter has been investigated and dismissed.