General Garbage Collection
- Residential - Every Thursday
- Business - Every Monday / Wednesday / Friday afternoons
- Residential - Every Tuesday
- Business - Every Monday / Wednesday / Friday mornings
Times/days may vary for Public Holiday and over the Christmas period but notification will be given via the website and Public Notices.
Asbestos and Regulated Waste
Disposing of Asbestos
Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) is accepted only at the Normanton Landfill site, subject to the ACM being securely packaged as per disposal requirements prescribed under regulation. You will need to contact Council to arrange for disposal of ACM products.
For further information refer to the Queensland Government Website.
Limited Regulated Waste
Limited regulated waste means any of the following regulated waste prescribed in Schedule 12 of Environmental Protection regulation 2008:
- Animal effluent and residues, including abattoir effluent and poultry and fish processing waste;
- Food processing waste;
- Quarantine waste that has been rendered non-infectious;
- Sewage sludge or residue;
- Treated clinical waste; and
Commercial Operators and Residents are requested to contact Council prior to disposing of large quantities to ensure the waste can be accepted and to confirm whether the waste facility is able to accept limited regulated waste.