Regional Telecommunications Review
You are invited to attend a virtual public consultation for the 2021 Regional Telecommunications Review. This is an independent review of telecommunications services in regional, rural and remote Australia that takes place every three years.
The Review Committee is keen to hear from people living and working in regional Queensland about telecommunications issues and opportunities in their area, including:
· the reliability of local mobile and broadband services
· the role of telecommunications during COVID-19 and natural disasters
· the effectiveness of Government programs
· how telecommunications can support regional development
· the potential of emerging communications technologies
· ways to help regional consumers get connected and use their connection
The details of upcoming virtual public consultations in Far North Queensland are:
Far North Queensland (Gulf of Carpentaria and Cape York)
· Time: 11am – 1pm
· Date: Friday, 30 July 2021
You can register to attend a virtual public consultation by visiting rtirc.gov.au/consultation. Further details on how to join via the Microsoft Teams app, web browser and telephone will be provided to registered attendees closer to the event.
Please note that these events have limited capacity. If you are unable to attend an event, you can also have your say by submitting a written response to the 2021 Review Issues Paper at communications.gov.au/have-your-say/2021-regional-telecommunications-review.
Visit rtirc.gov.au for more information on the Review.